Saturday, May 17, 2008

St Louis Missouri






I went back to St. Louis Missouri to a meter training class for a week. We will be changing out all of the meters at the comany where I work. It is sure going to be a challenge at first, but should be very helpful in the long run. While back there, Connie, Stacey and I got to do some sightseeing in the evenings after class. These are some of the places we went and some of the things we saw. It was awesome going up in the Arch. The wind was blowing the day we went up, and it was swaying. It didn't bother me, but some people were holding on to the railings. Some of these pictures were taken out of the little windows at the top. It was something to be looking down and getting a view of the sides of the arch. The Mississippi River was flooding, and this one statue was so far under water, that it looked like Clark was swimming across the river holding his hat up to keep it from getting wet. I had to go online to look up the statue just so I could see what it really looked like. Hre is a small picture of it that I found online. We went across the Missouri River into St. Charles, and we fell in love with the charm of this town. We went back there several times to the little antique stores and restaurants. I got to meet up with my Uncle Wayne and Aunt Jean from Illinois too. It was only the 5th time in my life that I got to see them, so it was wonderful.

1 comment:

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

What great pixs! It's great that you had some time to do some cite seeing while you where there.